Home

How many miles can a car go before it dies

However, the average passenger car now has the potential to last for at least 200,000 miles or nearly 12 years. Of course, many drivers go well beyond the average while still actively using their vehicles, leading to thousands of dollars saved in the long run. In the end, your mileage is only a fraction of what affects your car's ability to run Many cars will have no trouble passing 200,000 miles without any significant issues — while many others still adhere to the 100,000-mile cutoff Most manufacturers design a vehicle with an expected service life. For example, maintenance intervals are specified up to 120,000 miles. After this point, the engineering team considers the vehicle to have reached its end of life (EOL). The service life of a vehicle is a target lifespan

How Many Miles Can A Car Last? Make Yours Last As Long As

How long an engine lasts requires a long list of variables to consider before a time frame or mileage can be given. I have seen engines last less than 40,000 miles and others that lasted more than 300,000 miles However, the usual end-of-life for most cars is usually about 180,000 to 320,000 miles before one absolutely hits a wall in terms of cost of repair being higher than the value of the car itself. Once a car requires a Transaxle or transmission, It usually winds up costing more than the car is worth in a working state

If you do all the maintenance I'd consider any major repair (ie engine or transmission need a full rebuild) before 200,000 miles to be bad These are difficult questions to answer, considering that mileage alone isn't the only indicator of a car's longevity. A person could drive 30,000 miles a year (the average is 15,000) and rack up miles pretty quickly, but someone who drives very little will still see their car age when the interior fades and rubber parts begin to dry. Plus, certain parts are expected to be replaced over time Many reports show that you can expect up to 300,000 miles of service life from your Toyota Corolla. This may seem impossible for most cars, but Toyotas have always lasted long, thanks to some reliable engineering. In 2010, the story of a high-mileage Toyota Corolla S dominated the airwaves A car should be able to sit parked for at least a month without the battery dying, unless it's a higher-end car with plenty of power-hungry gadgets and computers, experts say. For BMWs and some..

At What Mileage Should You Stay Away From a Car

The most expensive part of an electric car built in the 2020s is the battery, and its lifetime is expected to be about 16 years, or about 2 million kilometres (1.2 million miles) if the car driven a lot. The motivation for pursuing longevity can vary How many miles before it dies. Reply I'd have thought most engines if serviced correctly will easily go past 200k . There's usually some other expensive failure which ends the car's life. My car has 79K miles and has been more of a headache than the other two but I mostly blame aftermarket parts for that. The 2000 feels tired and a bit underpowered, but the chassis stills feels tight and I suspect my judgement of that car is swayed by owning an SVT and driving a newer Duratec car It's possible to still drive indefinitely with zero miles of range as long as the road keeps going downhill in a way that regenerates as much energy as the car is using. If the grade is steep enough to regenerate more energy than the car is using,..

How Many Miles Can a Car Last? (Is Your Car Reliable?

Almost any small, front wheel drive eco (no)box is good for about 100,000-150,000 miles before things start breaking...even my Geo Metro lasted for 175K before the clutch cratered on me. Most cars today....even very humbly engineered ones The two critical components associated with a car battery is how many miles they have on them as well as their overall age. A battery that is older will tend to go sooner, even if it doesn't have a lot of miles. Typically, a car battery will last for about 5 to 6 years and about 30,000 to 50,000 miles before needing to be replaced We're counting down the 15 most likely to last for 200,000 miles or more below. As it turns out, however, only one of the 15 longest lasting models on the website's list is a conventional passenger.. There is no such thing as an average car or maximum number of miles. Many cars will start to experience a need for minor repairs and parts replacements in abut 5 years. If the repairs are made and parts replaced as needed, and regular maintenance is performed, the car could last for 100K or even 200K miles easily Buying a car is a major expense. That's especially true if you purchase a brand-new car, which will likely incur bigger depreciation than a used model, along with the usual repair and maintenance costs, insurance expenses, fuel bills and more

How many miles does a car last before it dies out? Yahoo

With 40k miles on the clock, you only have 10k left before the standard warranty runs out. There is real value in having a car under warranty. The cost of the extended warranty is $4000, but under warranty repairs incur a $200 deductible (no deductible under the standard warranty) For any Tesla car, the battery will last for at least 250 miles on a single charge. The range really depends on how you are driving and how large your battery is. The longest range Tesla offers is just over 402 miles of range per full charge A well-maintained vehicle with 100,000 miles might be in better shape overall than the same kind of car or truck with 50,000 miles that was a prior rental or had many owners and led a rough life. A 70,000-mile car with five owners and incomplete maintenance history may be the same price as one with 100,000 miles with a single owner and all of. Most any car can go the distance these days, but some are more amenable to own than others and have a proven history of reliability. Here's our picks for the models that will keep pace for 250,000. My 2002 Lexus RX 300 is at 258,700 miles. transmission was replaced, now leaking oil so need rear main seal and front snd back struts. if it can go to 500,000 its worth repairing these! its a great car! 1 owner, me..

Video: How Many Miles Does a Car Last? - Car and Drive

How Many Miles Can a Car Last? Cascade Collision Repai

1. I own a 2004 Toyota camry and got 106k on it. How long can I expect the car to last or how many more miles if I regularly do maintenance? I am in the middle of making the decision of whether I should get a new car leaning towards a honda fit, or to hang on to the car
  2. g you always kept up with the fluids, etc. thanks I have a 1993 2.3L manual tranny....334,000 miles and still going strong...Original motor & tranny
  3. They tell me to put 100 highway miles on it. I still had to pay for the inspection even though I did not pass. They tell me I have 15 days to come back and try again. No cost for the second try. So I put 114 miles on my car and go back
  4. imal cold air, a dysfunctional or broken compressor could be the culprit (among.
  5. When you go to space, you have to get enough speed to get out of Earth's gravity field. To get to lower orbit, astronauts have to get to 17,500 miles per hour, and to do that they have to change.
  6. I have owned a 1986 190D (dubbed the baby Benz) since new, it has at least 390K miles on it.The odometer died 10 years ago and this car is still my daily driver at 10-15K miles per year. No motor work has ever been done on it and it runs as well as ever

Car Battery Life: How long can car sit before the battery die

1. After owning 1 Smart car, a 2009 Passion Coupe, for 1 year I bought a second one (a 2009 cabrio) and now that's all that my wife and I drive. Given that I now have two Smart cars and the warranty is about to expire on the first one at 24 K miles I am wondering whether or not it would be wise to purchase an extended warranty
  2. This phenomenon causes vibration when you drive the car after storage. Flat spots can begin to form after a month of a car sitting parked — and they're made worse by low tire pressures. In many cases, driving a car for a while after storage can remove the flat spots. But often, the damage can be permanent, requiring a new set of rubber
  3. Many of us have moved to parts of a city, where we rarely need to use the car. Well, the question which arises is how rarely do we use the car and how long before the battery flats out. One month is a good amount of time. Your car can sit parked for a month before the battery goes dead

A one owner 3 yr old petrol car that has done 150k motorway miles is just run in. It died, but not as a result of engine death - insurance w/off. and 145000 miles before the heater matrix. The 2.4 quad 4 was never a good motor for many kms, there were at least two different 2.2 litre engines before they even came out with the ecotech in 2002, which didn't prove as good as the old 120hp 2.2

The approximate average miles a vehicle last can be 200000-300000 km. It all depends on the maintenance and usage. You know what to expect from the car and its manufacturer after discovering the advantages The Audi e-tron quattro, a new ground-up crossover that's slightly bigger than the brand's Q5 utility vehicle, will pack a whopping 95 kilowatt-hour battery pack, granting more than 300 miles per. A Dodge Ram has 3 gallons remaining and should be able to go 60 miles. This is approximately the same for all other Dodge trucks. Subura cars have 2.6 gallons remaining and can go 60 miles before they need a refuel. A Volkswagen Jetta has 1.8 gallons left in the tank and should be able to go 57 miles

Cars That Can Last For 250,000 Miles (Or More

Seven years is a very long time to make payments on one car, especially if you drive a lot of miles and may not get it paid off before it totally breaks down. You can look at your total new car. We've heard many people say they let their cars sit for months in a garage with no problems, but you're better off driving it a couple of times each month and for at least 10 miles, with some. We have a 2007 Honda Pilot with 230,000 miles. Because we take lots of long trips (5 hours each way) with a packed car (kids in college), I think we should go ahead and look at getting a new Pilot. We generally drive cars until they die, but with our long trips I fear being stranded somewhere

How Long Should an Engine Last? YourMechanic Advic

1. Jeep models are known to last well over 100,000 miles. A well-maintained Jeep Wrangler can last for up to 400,000 miles. Most cars start having serious problems at 100,000 miles. A normal car can last a long while if the owner takes decent care of it
  2. imal research before purchasing it, 'soon as it hit 100k miles, I had one thing after another go out in the engine. After looking around on some Mini forums, turns out a lot of those cars start to crap out between 90-120 thousand miles
  3. Newer with more miles or older with less miles, I'd go older with less mile, myself. The other thing you should plan on, and you may have already, I dunno, is having a CDL with a HAZMAT endorsement if any of those battery loads weigh more than 1000 pounds
  4. It gets better — I can write off business mileage, which over the life of the car would be about $97,200 to date, as well over 90% of my mileage is business miles. 200,000 miles x 0.90 = 180,000.
  5. For me 0-60k miles should be perfectly fine. 60-100k if not well looked after will be SOME problems. 100k problems you can expect annual problems anything passed 150k miles tends to be a nuisance. But depends on brand, reputation, use etc
The Vailan or Annular Theory Search metadata Search textbacon

Make Your Car Last 200,000 Miles - Consumer Report

1. gly die at the worst possible time and place, like the side of the highway at night
  2. If the battery pack in your Toyota Prius dies before the end of its 150,000 (or 100,000) mile warranty, Toyota will replace it free of charge. But if your car is out of warranty, you join the 500.
  3. If you have a small, light car and do a lot of highway driving that would cause you to not have many gear changes, your clutch may last you more than the 60,000 miles. I have seen vehicles go more than twice that amount and only have to replace the clutch because of a worn out release bearing and not from the clutch itself being worn out yet

How many miles can a car battery last? - Quor

1. Reports indicate that a KIA Optima can last up to 200,000 miles. For many owners, they have crossed the 100,000-mile threshold, without tremendous problems. One KIA Optima owner writes: If you drive it like it's a race car doubt it will last long. If you take good care of it keep up with oil changes and services there's no reason why it.
  2. Wheel bearings have an average lifespan of 136,000 to 160,000 km (approximately 85,000 to 100,000 miles). This is only a rule of thumb though, the actual lifespan of a wheel bearing depends on the quality of the wheel bearing and the operating conditions
  3. I have 130,000 miles, so about 14,444 miles per year and I have averaged right at 25mpg, a complete mix of city, suburban and highway miles. Before that, I drove Mercedes C220 that I had put all 170,000 miles on. I don't know why I have travelled less miles per year in the Mazda, except that for about 4 years I was in a carpool
  4. Each of the other cars happily traveled another couple of miles to exit the oval and return to a plug, even with an indicated 0 miles on the dash; the e-tron ground to a halt after 1.9 miles (3km)

How many miles does a typical car last w/o major problems

120k is the point where a lot of the 100k stuff should have been done may not have yet. water pumps ignition modules, serpentine belt tightener, if brake rotors ( most people run them until they stop squelling before they invest in new pads. altenator ussually about 150k and ussually there is going to be troubles with all the little grounds for. I don't think 100k miles is anything on modern cars as long as they are maintained. Here is our arsenol, all cars bought new and routine maintenance preformed 2004 CTS 3.6. 155k miles. 2004 SRX v8. 160k-miles - totalled 1 year ago in accident. 2006 Lincoln mark Lt - 170k miles 2007 BMW x3 190k miles. 2012 CTS 3.6 awd 32k miles

Making a Car Last for 300,000 Miles Is Totally Possible

How Many Miles is a Lot for a Car? The news that the Honda Accord mileage could get past 200,000 may leave you wondering, How many miles is a lot for a car? The old standard used to be 100,000. However, advancements in technologies paired with proper vehicle maintenance can get vehicles far past that Approximately, how many miles can a 2001 Ford Focus zetec travel before it reaches its maximum 7 Answers. just wondering how far the ford focus can go before it reaches it's maximum amount of miles. My friends car's mileage is just reached 6 digits. I want to buy his car, but he is also not sure how man.. Plug-in hybrids may drive for 10-50 miles using only electricity before they start using gasoline, and can then drive for about 300 miles (depending on the size of the fuel tank, just like any other car). Most early electric vehicles (about 2011 - 2016) were capable of about 100 miles of driving before they need to be recharged How far can you drive a Smart Car before stopping for gas? So since the Smart Car ForTwo has a fuel tank capacity of 8.7 gallons (including a 1.3 gallon reserve) and gets around 40 miles per gallon (MPG), you can squeeze out about 350 miles before stopping for gas I can honestly say that today my Hummer H 3 has bitten the dust. She has died but she has 316000 miles on her and all I ever had to to wasput tires and change the oil.a few minor minor things but I bought it in 08 and got 8 great years almost to the date of purchase

Here's something you probably don't know: after clearing the car's computer you will need to drive for about 50 to 100 miles. As you drive your car the computer will monitor all the sensors and register the results. You can use GOFAR to constantly monitor your car diagnostics. Get a Diagnostics App. Here are the details After fully charging your 2019 Toyota Prius Prime, you can drive up to 25 miles on a full charge. Imagine you live 19 miles from your job. Imagine you live 19 miles from your job After 100,000 miles, the Fit/Civic would be still ready to go. With Honda reliability, they are just broken in. If it is going to cost $3k-$5k to replaces the battery pack, I would think that any potential buyer would be wary of a car that was 7-8 years old. Is the Insight going to be a car you can't sell after 7-8 years I drive maybe 4-5k miles a year at best, and I have two cars now so I can rotate which car I drive. I always thought Denali's were nice and looked cool, but I have found a few Yukon/Tahoes for only a bit more that are more around 150-160k miles though many of those don't look as clean on the inside and of course lack the 6.0 or AWD of the.

Michael Heath-Caldwell M

How Long Do Toyota Corolla Last? (Solved & Explained!

Yep, I'd say it's a safe bet that there are many car models where very few examples make it to 200k, even with extreme maintenance. One only has to do a search online to see mountains of complaints about Dodge Neon/Stratus and other crap cars that are notorious for head problems well shy of 100k miles, not to speak of 200k If you are putting mostly freeway miles on your car, and you do your maintenance (Honda's used to have problems with their timing belt, so make sure you get that replaced in a couple of years) you can expect 250,000 miles from your car, easy. So with your driving, it will last about 3.25 more years. Enjoy it Much like the previous generation car, Consumer Reports took a 2004 Toyota Prius with 215,000 miles on the clock and tested it for fuel economy and acceleration against its official ratings back. How Fast Can a Submarine Go? This is classified as well. However, U.S. nuclear-powered submarines can go faster than 23 miles per hour, which is 37 kilometers per hour or 20 knots (nautical miles per hour) underwater

A car's life isn't determined by miles driven. Mileage is just one indicator of a vehicle condition. Theoretically, a vehicle that has covered more miles has more wear and tear, but a car with 60,000 miles on the odometer can easily be in worse shape than one with 120,000 miles. Cars and trucks like to be driven I actually have a 1988 BMW 325 that has 262k miles on it and runs great, with the original transmission. Automatic transmissions will go out long before manuals, generally 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders will last longer than 8+ cylinders. If the car is properly maintained, it will last longer as well For me 0-60k miles should be perfectly fine. 60-100k if not well looked after will be SOME problems. 100k problems you can expect annual problems anything passed 150k miles tends to be a nuisance. But depends on brand, reputation, use etc Wondering how many miles Jeep Wranglers can last is a logical question, but it doesn't actually have an entirely clear-cut answer. The numbers vary based on a few different factors. An older, decently cared for Jeep Wrangler can last up to 200,000 miles meanwhile, a Jeep Wrangler in perfectly good condition with frequent maintenance can last. Greetings again, Most cars these days are designed to last until 200k miles. Of course alot goes into that saying. The biggest things on your car is to have the timing belt done on time, keep it cool don't let it overheat, change hoses every 4-5 years and get regular oil changes every 3-4k miles. these will make the car last a long time

How often do I need to use my car to prevent battery death

Model 3 and Model Y Teslas are covered up to 120,000 miles (or eight years), while the Model S and Model X are covered up to 150,000 miles (or eight years). However, the battery will likely do fine beyond either eight years or 150,000 miles. In 2019, Electrek followed up with a Tesla Model 3 owner who had put 100,000 miles on his car in two. Motorhomes typically last around 20 years or 200,000 miles, whichever comes first. However, they can last a lot longer than that when cared for properly. Understanding the differences between the range of class vehicles may help to guide your shopping decision Synthetics can provide better startup performance and flow at temperatures down to -40 Fahrenheit, then endure extremely high temperatures without oxidizing, thickening, or turning black Electric cars come with a range indicator on the dashboard that tells you the realistic, real-world mileage you can expect from your car as you're driving. This real-world mileage differs between cars. A 40kWh Nissan Leaf can do over 160 miles in the real world, while a Tesla Model S P100D can do over 360 miles thanks to its 100kWh battery Before the tests can be run, the car needs to be cold. 'Cold' is defined as the coolant temperature sensor reading a value within 11F of the inlet air temperature. Some tests run immediately when you start the cold car. However you can't just start the car and drive off impatiently

These cars are most likely to last 200,000 miles - CBS New

The 'ole this is high for an American car theme died in the 80's, and is largly untrue today for modern US cars. Any car with high miles, and your expectations of it being a good car will be determined by the previous owners maintenance habits. If the habits were good, the car is likey good. If bad, well you kno Has your car made it to 200,000 miles or more? Join the discussion in the 200,000-Mile Club forum. Also, see our report Make your car last 200,000 miles If you are putting mostly freeway miles on your car, and you do your maintenance (Honda's used to have problems with their timing belt, so make sure you get that replaced in a couple of years) you can expect 250,000 miles from your car, easy. So with your driving, it will last about 3.25 more years. Enjoy it Now, lets, assume an extreme case in which a car is driven 70,000 miles a year. After three years, the car will have 210,000 miles on it — and have very little remaining value. The car will have been essentially used up and worn out

How Long Do Cars Last? A Guide to Your Car's Longevit

October 1, 2016 - How long do car batteries last? The answer isn't always straightforward, and in many cases, it isn't as long as drivers think it should be So how many miles can a Jeep Compass last? Looking at an average across the ten of the highest milers recently on sale on Auto Trader, the number of miles that a Jeep Compass can last came out at 192,431 miles. This may appear low compared to other Jeep models, but the compass has only been available since 2007 How many people are currently allowed to attend a funeral? The rules were relaxed on April 12 to allow 30 people to attend funeral services and for wakes up to 15 people

If a car battery dies before that time, it could be due to driver error, which means it was completely avoidable in many instances. Some of the main ways in which a car battery can meet a premature end is through lack of proper maintenance and subsequently the corrosion of cables and posts that connect the battery to the engine The car eventually died of other causes (leaky radiator and overheating). posted by wendell at 11:57 AM on January 3, 2004 Well, one time my generator went out on my VW bus and I drove it basically from indianapolis to St. Louis (250 miles) on a single full battery Well, since you are only now 17 years old with the engine having 350k miles; the engine may have had some repair before you acquired it. You was very young when your parents bought the Escalade with only 50k miles on it so you would not really have known(or cared I believe) if your parents did replace some gaskets over the years before you took possession

How Many Miles Is Too Many for a Used Car? News Cars

Do 250cc regularly never go past 50,000 miles if properly taken care of? Does that mean 500cc can go around 100,000+? What determines how long the engine will last on a motorcycle. My 1995 Chev Camaro has 320,000 miles on it, still works fine although I can tell the engine is on its last 50,000 or so before I probably need to replace it Conventional motor oil has to be changed between intervals of 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Synthetic oil can last for up to 10,000 or even 15,000 miles, depending on the brand and car you're driving. When it comes to determining the interval for a synthetic blend oil change, you can normally aim for a number between 5,000 and 7,500 First of all, we can rule out all engines made by GM, Ford, and Chrysler. they are not even in the running.This only leaves Toyota and Honda. Mechanic told me these engines are good for at least 250,000 miles. I am beginning to believe it. my Toyota Solara has 210,000 miles on it

Michael Heath-Caldwell MAccording to All Lenown Laws of Aviation There Is No Way

An electric golf cart with new batteries will go anywhere between 25 to 40 miles depending on the battery configuration, the model, and voltage of the cart. You can also see golf carts go beyond 50 miles on a single charge, although you might not want to do that since it can shorten the battery life and can leave you stranded if the battery. My 2002 Legacy GT Wagon 2.5L now has only 60,000. I drive the 95 Legacy wagon MORE than the newer GT Wagon. The 02 GT sits in the garage, under a car cover. I take it out to go on family outings, or one of my many photo trips (I'm a photographer). Jorge Moro (Webmaster's note: Jorge's Legacy has been moved here to the 200,000 miles section As I understand it Kia is American made now. They have some 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. Does anyone know how many miles these engines are good for ? Currently I have a Ford that has treated me very well with 130,000 miles on it right now. I want to buy a new car very soon with a couple monthly payments to pay it off That's equivalent to diesel-car range, and well beyond many gasoline-powered light-duty vehicles. [dt_gap height=30] The big problem is that the remaining-range gauge in these cars is not always accurate; some Prius owners have reported that they can drive up to 100 miles after the low fuel light comes on The insurance company gave him a check for $5000 and they called it a day. And that is how insurance works - he could go out and buy a similar car for the same amount of money. The insurance company is not required to spend more money on the car that it is worth. As a result, many higher miles cars can be junked even after a simple fender-bender

• Papua New Guinea facts.
  • How is ATP delivered to muscle cells.
  • Alcatraz tickets refund.
  • Plan b one step price philippines.
  • Chicken breast in spanish.
  • PS3 ISO to PKG.
  • How to fry quail eggs.
  • Kampeerwinkel Nederland.
  • I think i'm fallin lyrics.
  • Joist spacing for composite decking.
  • Retail job opportunities.
  • Budapest to Vienna Day Cruise.
  • Applying for an Indian passport in Canada.
  • Gridview RowCommand get row index.
  • Four Oaks nursery Indian antiques.
  • Yellow nectarine calories.
  • Bad tires vs good tires.
  • What are the weapons of spiritual warfare.
  • Army OCS packet deadline 2022.
  • Difference between surge diverter and surge absorber.
  • Aloe vera juice lidl.
  • Pregnancy calendar due date.
  • Built in TV unit and shelves.
  • Oil cloth manufacturer.
  • NATURAL JOIN SQL W3Schools.
  • Men's clothing usa.
  • Hair transplant course in Kerala.
  • Change User Account Control settings Windows 10.
  • AMC east.
  • 25 pin to USB adaptor.
  • MAGURA brake lever not returning.
  • Comme des Garçons Converse.
  • Mast Wireless Tattoo machine.
  • What are the two types of magnetic detector.
  • When do we get paid 3 times in 2021.
  • Free consulting WordPress theme.
  • What do bluebells look like before they flower.
  • How to treat driftwood for aquarium.
  • Keds Australia review.
  • Instagram is saying my password is wrong.
  • AMC theater Raleigh NC.